Monday, April 18, 2011

Ghetto Rigging Stuff On My Car

I spent about an hour ghetto rigging my coolant overflow cap to connect to the hoses this morning. The plastic connecting the hoses broke, so I had to find a new cap, buy a complete set (another tank and everything), or ghetto rig it.

I went to oreilly's looking for another cap. I really doubted they had one, but I figured might as well ask. I ended up finding an almost perfect fit replacement for the plastic that connected the hoses. Bought a new clamp for the outer hose and BAM. Fixed for less than 5 bucks.

Took a bit of time and creativity, but hell. Something about fixing a car like that leaves you with a feeling you don't really get anywhere else.

Here is the plastic piece that broke. I had to cut off part of the hose, I was unable to get the old piece that was stuck in it out =/

And here is the new fix I have on it. Replaced the c-clamp with a new better clamp. Freaking hate c-clamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment