Sunday, April 3, 2011

Entry 15 of Neiko Hawke. Family, Friends, and Business.

 After the little verbal fight in front of the Chantry, I went towards my house to check my mail. On the way, I saw a Qunari still lingering around. He said that he has come to collect Qunari blades, and would like me to return any I found. He asked if I needed payment for finding them, but I refused a payment. I already put enough anguish on the Qunari for now.

While browsing the Hightown market, I was stopped by someone from Antiva. He said he was looking for an assassin that left "The Crows" who fled to the Dalish. Apparently "The Crows" are a reputable assassination group from Antiva, and leaving the group is grounds to be killed. He asked if I could find him and return him to their camp outside so they could punish him, but I didn't make any promises. I just said I'd keep a lookout for him.

 I found some new armor at the merchants in Hightown as well! =o

Continuing my sweep of merchants in Hightown, I found my old business partner who told me something terrible has happened at the mine in the Bone Pit. He said that his last shipment came in on a half destroyed wagon with mangled bodies and charred remains. I needed to check this out soon, to see if I could find any survivors and fix the problem.

I finally went home after visiting all the Merchants in Hightown, only to find my Mabari  barking at my armoire. There was apparently a thief in my house trying to steal from me. He just wanted to leave now, but I wasn't going to let him just leave after breaking and entering my house. I told my Mabari to go find the guards, and bring them back to arrest the robber. (Which he did)

I also found Merrill staring out of the window. She was talking about how everything seems so far away now that she's in Hightown. She then says that she needs to go to her house, and that she'd be home before dark. I asked her why she doesn't just bring her stuff to my house, but she said that some things are better off far from here. I'm guessing she was talking about her mirror.

 I was about to leave my house to go find Merrill since it was getting dark and she wasn't back yet, but Bodahn said he needed to talk to me. He was telling me about how he was starting to get old, and he needed to make sure Sandal was somewhere good, and that Sandal could move on with his life without Bodahn having to be there. I said that Sandal will always have a place here for me to make enchantments, and Bodahn thanked me for that, but he said that the Empress from the Imperial court had offered Sandal a job at enchanting there. Good for Sandal.

I went to go check on Merrill, since it was already dark and she wasn't back yet, and I found her at still at her old house. She was telling me how the Mirror still wasn't working, and she doesn't know what else to do now and that she's all alone in this. I reassured her that no matter what, she isn't alone, and I'll always be here for her.

Since I was in Lowtown, I decided to check on Gamlen. He had a note on his desk about a rare gem waiting for him. I'd have to check that out later. Gamlen goes on talking to me about how even though he doesn't agree with me, he's still glad that I'm his family. He was afraid that our family in Kirkwall would end with him, and he's glad that I'm here to bring our name out of the ground back to what it used to be.

I decided to check on Isabela in The Hanged Man after that, and she was moping around when I came up to her. She was saying that we have nothing in common anymore, and that there is no reason for her to stay around anymore. I told her that no matter what, she still came back for us in the end, and I could still use her skills.

Lol Varric.

No comments:

Post a Comment