Sunday, March 13, 2011

Entry 02 of Neiko Hawke. Companions and "Friendship"

After we were in the fade I decided to go to my new house and drop off some items I've been holding into my stash, upon entering Isabela was already here and was telling me how her last duel left her, "Unsatisfied". Within minutes we were having "fun" and we agreed to not let feelings into this.

After doing this though, I was thinking of Merrill, and how she betrayed me in the fade. So I went to her house in the Alienage to talk. She was sitting on her bed when I came in, and asked her about why she would betray me. She talked of how her teaching told her to not trust anything in the fade, and the only one you can trust on is yourself. We came to the conclusion that the pride demon was controlling her, and that she needs to be even more careful since she is also a blood mage. After that I had a quick chat with Isabela about her betrayal in the fade, not much happened her other than a sorry and not knowing how to deal with demons. Eh.

After all this happened we decided to go help Sebastian. He said he felt empty now that he knew his family friend was the one who wanted his family dead. Merrill made some statements about how the music in the Chantry was quite nice, but she didn't understand the lyrics, and it sounded quite repetitive. I had a little chuckle at that. I agreed to help Sebastian fight his family friend so he can reclaim the land properly his. Once there, everything was different. There were no guards, all the doors were opened, and it seemed all the people couldn't see or hear us there. Until we were in the basement. The three from earlier were there, telling us we couldn't pass. I tried to talk to them but they just fell down and a desire demon came out. The fight wasn't too hard, so we went down the stairs that led into some sort of ruins.

Once in the ruins it wasn't long until we found a revenant and other fade creatures. We had a bit of a hard fight, but we won in the end. Not too far from that fight we found a group of demons with two Rage demons. These demons were tough, I was knocked out from the constant barrage of flame from them, but not a second or two after I fell, the fight was over and I was helped back onto my feet.

We kept walking deeper into the ruins until we found his family friend, who was dealing with a Desire demon. Should of figured. A few exchanges of words with attempts to make us feel like we're doing wrong and want her help and we're fighting her and the friend who was a mage. Boy was this fight hard, I taunted all the demons including the desire demon to fight, I pulled up my shield all the way to block as much damage as possible, but slightly preventing more damage. Even this wans't enough, so I set my feet down and activated a skill I learned called Stonewall. I was able to block most of the damage until the mage threw me off my feet to a wall where I was then pummeled unconscious. I was told Sebastian was the next to fall, and Merrill and Varric worked together to take down the desire demon and the few undead left.

After I was awaken by Merrill after the fight, we looked around for any spoils to find, which I indeed did find some nice items. I found myself a new full plate armor set, and found Sebastian his grandfather's bow. He was very happy to receive this, and instantly started to use it once I gave it to him. He did tell me that if he could break it in half, all the memories from that bow, just to bring back even the lowest servant in his family, he would do it. That's quite the statement. I might hold him to that if we figure something out. Haha.

I plan to re-read my journal tomorrow and see what else I can do before going to see the Qunari.

No comments:

Post a Comment