Monday, March 21, 2011

Entry 10 of Neiko Hawke. Love and Lost.

I was at my house when Merrill came running in all flustered and rambling, it was cute. She goes on talking about how everyone will frown upon us, and everyone that hated her will now hate me, but that didn't matter to her. I even made a little joke about making my ears pointy for her, but she said that wasn't necessary (Oh oblivious Merrill).

 We eventually found our way to my bedroom, and one thing led to another... After some things, she asked what will happen now, I told her I guess we're together now, and asked if she wanted to move in with me. She seemed ecstatic at the idea, but at the same time afraid of what people would think of me. I again reassured her that I don't care what other would think about us.

 Everything seemed to be going perfect, but that was only a false sense of security. I was informed by Gamlen, that my mother was missing for her normal weekly meeting. I rushed out to see where she would of walked through and found a child who said he saw what happened. He wasn't talking though, so I gave him some silver and he started spouting everything that happened. Sounded like blood magic was going on.

I followed the blood stains on the floor to a run down house in the back of lowtown, and upon entering Merrill said that she had a bad feeling about this place. We walked around and found some shades here and there but there wasn't anything too hard. When we found a little shrine that had a picture that looked like mother though, there was a Rage Demon, as well as a bunch of books about necromancy, as well as the other dead women that were murdered in the previous years.

What I saw a few rooms down, there was no amount of preparation I could of had to prepare me for what I was about to see. I saw my mother's head stitched together with pieces of other women. What. The. Fuck...

The necromancer hid behind an invulnerability bubble while essences from the other women showed up in the forms of Desire demons, as well as some Rage demons and shades. The fight wasn't anything too hard until he came out of his bubble and started throwing death magic everywhere and spawned undead everywhere. I eventually had the life drained out of myself, and I collapsed on the floor only to be risen again to fight my friends. Merril, Varric, and Anders all focused down the necromancer as fast as they could to release me from his grasp, but he was also the only thing keeping my mother alive...

I wasn't sure what to do, the only thing I could think of was how I should have been faster. If I was faster I might have been able to save her. Anders tells me that there is nothing he can do, since the necromancy was the only thing keeping her alive...

...

I went back to my house, and Gamlen asked where mother was, and if she was alright. There wasn't much to say, and I could only beat myself up over it. He went on a rant saying that this is why magic needs to be controlled, I then told him that it wasn't magic that killed mother, but a madman. A dagger could have killed her just as easily. He then told me even though that was true, the desecration that happened to her body wouldn't of happened without magic.

Merrill came to my room after I talked to Gamlen, and tried to comfort me. It was nice of her, and I was glad I still had her by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment