Monday, March 21, 2011

Entry 08 of Neiko Hawke. Merrill finds a friend (in me).

Merrill has been bugging me about something recently, so I went to her house to see what's up. She starts to talk about how she almost has the eluvian mirror finished, but it still needs another piece. An object their clan is currently holding on to, and she needs to talk to the keeper to use it. She says she is too afraid to go by herself, and would like it if I went with her. Of course I agree with her, and off we went.

As soon as we arrive it's straight to business and Merrill asks the keeper for the "arulin'holm" and the keeper instantly knows what we're up to. Merrill speaks some elvish and the jist of it is that any Dalish elf can ask for a relic, but have to do a favor. The keeper doesn't like this, but she has to abide by it since it is their law. She tells us we need to kill a Varterral, an ancient Dalish guardian, except this one has been corrupted and is harming Dalish instead of protecting them.

We enter the cave, and through our travels, we mostly just find some spiders. Until we came upon another Dalish elf "Pol", who was horrified to see Merrill. He instantly ran away from us and ran right into the Varterral, who then proceeded to maul Pol. We rush into the fight, and it wasn't too bad, except for when spiders would come in randomly every now and then to help the Varterral. He was pretty tough, and he would throw this goo on the floor that would slow down any movement we had, and hurt constantly like an acid. This wasn't too big of a problem for our group, as long as he kept shooting it at me. He eventually was slain, and I picked up his Heart for the Apothecary in the gallows. We headed back to the keeper to let her know it was dead, but she gave the arulin'holm to me and gave me the decision to give it to Merrill or not. Of course I gave it to her, fully aware of the consequences I may have just put on myself.

Merrill wanted to talk after I gave her the arulin'holm, so I went to her house to see what was up. She talked to me about how I am the only one who seems to understand her and believe in her. I reassured her that I really do believe in what she is doing, and threw in a little comment how, "I'm sensitive, handsome, and supportive. What more could you want?" She then went on her awkward ramblings that are just cute. She then told me that she wanted me to come back when she's worked on the mirror. So I went off to my estate for a bit before going back.

When I came back she was sitting at her table, staring into the distance. I sat down with her, and asked her what was wrong. She told me that she figured the mirror would be fixed by the arulin'holm, and all of her clan would accept her again for fixing their history. She made a sad face, and then told me that nothing has changed so far. The mirror was still broken, and her clan still hated her. I reassured her that things will eventually work out, and that I don't hate her. She then said back to me that she doesn't hate me either, with a cute little smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment