Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Entry 11 of Neiko Hawke. Religion is bad for your health.

Even though my mother was killed, I had to keep moving forward with the Qunari threat. I was told that the Viscount's son changed to the Qunari ways, and he wants me to bring him back. I needed to go to the Qunari compound and talk with the Arishok about this.

On the way to the Qunari compound, I was ambushed by some fanatics whose purpose I was not really sure about. I'm not sure if they were for or against the Viscount's son being a part of the Qun. Either way, I found another part of this armor set, and the only thing left is the chest piece.

When we arrived, the Arishok said he was expecting me to come by. We had a lame conversation, but it made sense. He said that the Viscount's son came on his own free will. He said he wasn't going to exploit the fact that he was the Viscount's son, since once he is a part of the Qun, he is no longer what he was, only what he is now. I asked where he was, and the Arishok said he was meeting with his father because his father sent a letter. The strange thing about that is his father sent me here to find him.... Why would he send me and a letter? Something seems strange, and I feel Mother Petrice is behind this since the meeting place was at the Chantry.

Upon arriving at where he was supposed to meet his father, he was already dead. Mother Petrice then shows up with some Templars and fanatics. She tried to pin this on me, but I instantly threw the blame back at her and she accepted that she did this. She also spouted nonsense about how he denied the maker by converting, and that people need a chance to defend faith by fighting for their faith. A bunch of religious crap that just starts wars. Either way, the Templars and Fanatics tried to fight us, but they were a chore at most to fight. Such a waste of people and fight.

The Grand Cleric showed up after the fight, and Mother Petrice tried to pin this all on me. I again, threw the blame right back at her, telling the Grand Cleric how she murdered someone who was acting on free will. No one was harmed by his choices to change religions, and Petrice would start a war with the Qunari over this.

The Grand Cleric believed me, and said that she would be put in court for her crimes. The Qunari had other plans for her though. A Qunari had followed us here and killed her as the Grand Cleric was walking away. The Grand Cleric seemed to brush this aside, and just let it happen. I'm quite glad she did, and it's nice to know that the Grand Cleric isn't as stupid or righteous as Petrice was.

No comments:

Post a Comment