Thursday, March 17, 2011

Entry 05 of Neiko Hawke. Flower Picking

 I went looking by the beach for a flower the alchemist asked for. On my passages through the beach I found a random patrol of guards who were ambushed by raiders. Being the fool I am, I told the guards to stay while I handled it myself. Not only that, but I went charging in without thinking about it. Traps were everywhere. Flaming death traps, huge spikes of doom, you name them. I took them all to the face. Not only that, but there were archers. TONS OF ARCHERS. Anders was back stabbed almost instantly, and we were left without a healer. It was a long fight of potion drinking, but we won in the end.

 The guard leader couldn't believe that we just took them out, she said she would make sure the captain rewarded me. Not bad I guess.

I went up the Dalish mountain looking for the other two plants, and on my trek upwards there were a few fights of fade creatures. One of the hardest ones though, was near the top. At first there was just a blood mage and a bunch of undead. Soon after a shadow rogue showed up and was a constant menace. She would constantly stealth and back stab one of us, mostly Anders.

Things only became worse. A revenant and a shadow mage appeared not too soon after. I was instantly knocked off my feet and across the field upon the entrance of the mage.

The mage was a priority target, he could almost instantly kill any of us with his spells. Anders and Varric were dropped in the fight, but we eventually beat them.

Further up the hill, we found some dragonlings. Not much problem here, but once we reached the peak there was a corpse. I walked up to it, and a large dragon jumped down on top of us. I charged him instantly to try and make him want to attack me, while Varric, Merrill, and Anders tried to scatter.

Anders was able to get away fast enough, but Merrill and Varric were not fast enough. The dragon blew fire all over us and Merrill and Varric were instantly out of the fight. I stood my ground as best I could, but the dragon was just too strong and ended up throwing me around like a ragdoll.

With the help of Anders and potions, I was able to stay alive long enough for Anders to bring the other back into the fight. It took a long time, and a lot of potions were chugged, but we eventually killed him.

Only finding one of the two plants we were trying to find, we disappointingly started to head down. We thought we would be done and could just walk back down the mountain. The undead had other plans for us. Upon entering the graveyard, and revenant and some undead were waiting for us. This wasn't too bad, until another shadow mage showed up across the field. I instantly changed targets to keep him occupied, and we mostly went on with this fight easily. It was a lot easier since there wasn't a shadow assassin.

No comments:

Post a Comment