Thursday, March 17, 2011

Entry 04 of Neiko Hawke. Friends Family.

I was told by Varric that his brother Bartrand has come back to Kirkwall, for what we don't know. We ended up going to a mansions that seemed deserted for a long time, but upon entrance we found fanatic guards who seemed to have lost their minds. The first few waves were quite easy, I'd just bop them back with a shield slam, and then a fireball or an arrow lance would take them out once they were clumped.

We eventually came to a room that had a bunch of decaying corpses laying around. Something really wrong has been going on here.

We eventually went into the main entrance room, the only room we haven't been to yet, and holy crap was there a fight here. As soon as we entered the room a bunch of fanatics came charging down the stairs screaming. I charged up the stairs and slammed my shield into the group while The leader was stuck floating in agony in a rune prison made by Anders. I then taunted everyone while Merrill used tempest and chain lightning to bring swift electric death to everyone but the leader.

If only it was that easy though. After we killed all the lower fanatics, more came barreling out of the other rooms upstairs. This fight started to get grim. Anders became separated from us in another room, and there were just too many for us to handle in the main room. I kept taunting whenever possible to keep Merrill and Varric safe while Anders slowly fought his way back to us. I was about to fall from the constant pummeling I was receiving from all of the fanatics, when Anders rejoined into the fight and put an immunity shield around me. After that he healed me a bit and we slowly fought through all the fanatics till every last one was dead in a bloody mess.

We thought the worst was already done with when we fought the horde of fanatics, but once we found Bartrand, it only became harder. Once we found him he slipped into the shadows and we were left clueless while another horde of fanatics came charging up the staircase to us. Merrill was caught outside, so I charged to the door and taunted all of the fanatics outside. Merrill quickly ran inside the door behind me to start fighting in a safer spot, but we still didn't know where Bartrand was. Unfortunately he came out of the shadows and instantly slayed Varric. I was unaware of this while I was still dealing with the fanatics with Merrill, and by the time I realized it, he was already on me. Anders was about to attempt to ressurect Varric, but Bartrand came out of the shadows again and instantly dropped Anders.

I started to panic, but at least we killed all the fanatics, so all we have left is Bartrand to deal with. I called my hound to aid me, and I taunted him with shield wall up. He hurt so much from the constant stabbing, I had to run around and drink health potions from time to time while Merrill was constantly chugging lyrium potions. I was eventually slain when I became overconfident, and Merrill sent him on a chase around the mansion until she finally brought him back to his senses.

We all woke up, but Bartrand was confused and hardly in control of himself, I thought about just killing him there, but I asked Anders if there was anything he could do to help. He said he could help, but it would only be temporary. We are unsure of what is causing Bartrand to act like this, but he's a dwarf so he cannot be taken control of by a normal demon. Varric asked me to let him live, and we would try to find him another healer who could fix this permanently, I agreed to this, seeing that if there is some chance of saving him, that we should take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment