Monday, March 21, 2011

Entry 07 of Neiko Hawke. Anders Finds Himself.

We went to go track down the Templar who was using the, "Tranquil Solution". He was last seen chasing a mage in what was the mage's secret tunnel that led them out of the city. On our way through, there were lyrium smugglers. They keep a steady flow through here for the addiction that is given to Templars, but they weren't too good at combat to stop me from reaching the Templar. There wasn't anything too hard on the way through, other than a large pack of spiders that dropped from the sky, they were a little tough. They surrounded us, and I was webbed a few times, unable to help my friends in combat at least half the fight. There were also spiders that shot poison from a distance, those buggers hurt a lot more than they seem to at first.

We eventually found the templar, he was currently harassing a mage, and seemed like he was about to turn her into a Tranquil! I approached this calmly, wanting to assess the situation and area, but vengeance came out of Anders, and ran in screaming, "YOU WILL NOT HARM ANOTHER MAGE!"

The fight here was brutal, the Templar had numbers, and strength (gamer note, I died and had to restart this fight at least 5 times). There were plenty of normal templars, with a "Templar Hunter" who was pretty much an assassin in plate. It was terrible, Anders or Varric were constantly back stabbed by the hunter who would jump in and out of stealth, and the only way to kill him easily was the stun him and burst him down. After a few minutes into the fight though, reinforcements for the Templars came in! There was another Templar Assassin, with a bunch of archers and normal templars as well! We eventually pulled back a room, and I stood firm at the doorway preventing any stealthers from passing through, or anything else for that matter. Eventually the Templar commander is taken out with a headshot from Varric.

After the fight though, Vengeance was still in control of Anders, and was saying the mage was under the control of the Templars and was one of them. I tried to explain how she was the one we were saving, and now she is safe, but Vengeance didn't seem to understand. Right as he was about to strike down on the poor mage, Anders takes back control, and at first he is confused. Within seconds though, he realizes what just happened, and runs off talking about how afraid he is of himself.

I met up with the mage outside, and tell her to go see her family *that's why she was trying to leave in the first place*, but not stay there too long. I wasn't sure if the Templars would leave her alone after this. After that I went to the opposite side of Darktown to talk with Anders. He goes on telling me that he's becoming an abomination, and it doesn't feel like Justice is any better than most demons. I try to reason with him, and tell him that he can overcome this and control it. He goes on saying that it's hard and he doesn't know how. I bring up an example that he could be an example of a mage. Magic is powerful and dangerous, but if he is able to control it, maybe others will see it is actually controllable by those with enough willpower. He starts to cry a bit and excuses himself from our conversation. It is a lot to take in though, so I go shopping for a bit.

I go back into Darktown after a little potion shopping, and wanted to see if Anders had recuperated yet. When I arrive at his clinic, he's outside putting milk out. He tells me how he misses Ser-Pounce-Alot, and says there used to be cats around here, but it seems they all left or disappeared. We have a little talk about the uprising again, and I tell him that the Grand Cleric wasn't a part of this "Tranquil Solution". In fact, in the note I read, she was completely against it! Anders told me how much of a relief that was, and that since the Templar was working outside the law, that we should bring it to the Chantry's attention. 

I will go pay them a visit soon and get this all straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment