Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Entry 13 of Neiko Hawke. Qunari are tougher than they look.

I went with Aveline and some guards to see the Qunari Arishok, and when we did, he didn't seem too happy. We went to go bring in elf criminals in who ran to the Qunari to follow the Qun to evade being captured, since the Qunari would defend someone in the Qun. Upon hearing their story though, they had every right to do what they did in my opinion. A guard "forced" himself upon the elf's sister, and he reported it, but after weeks to months of nothing happening about it, they murdered the guard who "forced" himself upon their sister. A little extreme, but the law was doing nothing about it. The Arishok goes on about how terrible our society is, and I agree, and ask why he doesn't just leave if he can't handle our society. He states that he cannot leave without the relic that was stolen, which Isabela now has, and he can no longer stand by and watch our society. We are instantly attacked by ranged Qunari and we have to pull out, all the guards with us sadly died.

When Aveline and I escaped, Merrill was waiting outside for me. She was afraid I was hurt and was glad that I was fine (<3). I decided to change out Anders for Fenris, since his heals do help, but killing things before they can kill us might be the easier route. That and Anders and Merrill don't exactly get along well.

We started pushing our way to the keep to help defend, and along the way there were plenty of Qunari to fight. Any time a Qunari mage showed up, he was instantly our main target, their spells are really deadly, and are usually area of effect spells. We eventually found a Grey Warden named, "Alistair". We asked him to help us fight against the Qunari, but he stated that he cannot take sides on this fight. They did that in Ferelden apparently, and the Grey Wardens didn't like that. Oh well, he gave me an item a friend of his gave him, it wasn't that great of an item, but it still holds value being from a Grey Warden and all.

I eventually came upon some Qunari dragging humans down to the keep, so I intercepted them and started to fight, but a mage showed up from behind us and blew us all off our feet. It seemed like he was about to kill us all, but miraculously a sword goes right through his chest from behind him, and his spell is stopped. It was apparently the Knight-Commander Meredith who saved us, and said she knew me since my name came up in her papers more times than they should of. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though.

 We kept pushing up toward the keep, and found the first enchanter Orsino fighting off Qunari. We helped him defeat all the surrounding Qunari, and once he realized what happened, he asked if everyone else is ok. I look around and see that everyone else is dead. He races over to a body, and at first I don't see who it is, but then I realize it was my sister! Orsino revived her, and they have a conversation about how she should have let them take Orsino. I wasn't too worried about the conversation, just if my sister was alright.

The knight commander met up with us and Orsino, and they started fighting over who is to lead and how we attack. They eventually decided that I should lead the little group we have going on. When we arrived at the main entrance, there were tons of Qunari guarding the entrance. We needed a diversion to get inside. Orsino volunteered to distract them while we ran in to save the hostages. I wasn't sure if he would make it, but I needed to not make his sacrifice in vain if it came to that.

I barged into the main room, and saw the Arishok was giving speeches to everyone, and killing anyone who said something against him. The Viscount was also dead, with his head severed on the floor. Everyone in the room was afraid they were next, and I'm not sure how much longer they would have been alive if I didn't show up when I did.

We have a conversation about how this is ridiculous, and it's not helping him find his relic. All he is doing is pointless slaughter on our race. He spouts Qunari religion and ways, just the same things they always say. We ended up having to start fight Qunari around us as a "Test".

Right as it seemed the Arishok was about to actually fight us, Isabela showed up with the relic. She goes on saying that half way to her destination, she had to turn around because of how I've changed her. We give the relic back to the Arishok, but he said Isabela had to go with her. She would be forced into the Qun, and then punished accordingly. I of course, objected this, and we started to fight.

The Arishok was a beefy and strong mofo. Fenris would occupy most of the other Qunari while I kept the Arishok's attention. It was a long fight, but surprisingly no one on our side was killed in this fight, and we had Isabela to help as well.

(There was a neat cut scene for killing him) Before I killed him, he goes on saying this isn't over, and the Qunari will return. We'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment