Monday, March 21, 2011

Entry 09 of Neiko Hawke. Chantry Troubles.

I went to finally talk to the leader of the city about the Qunari, and he told me that more problems with the Qunari have come up. He told me to talk to his friend Bran about what has happened. He sounded very serious about this, so I went to go talk to Bran instantly. I was told that some Qunari went missing, no reports, no fighting, just disappeared. He said to look for guards who were weak on honor that could have done this.

I went into the Hanged man, and instantly saw someone who was throwing money around. I walked up and asked where he acquired all this money. He said he just had to look the other way for something and was payed handsomely. I tried to figure out what exactly he did, and I eventually got the word Qunari out of him.

When I tried to pry more information out of him, he started to act defensive, and eventually he started to get violent. He tried to rally his hired mercenaries, but most of them refused to fight, still a few fought with him. Isabela was drinking at the time, and helped us when the fighting started. He wasn't too tough, just being a normal mercenary and all. He eventually told us it was a mother from the chantry who was using the Grand Cleric's seal to confiscate the Qunari

I went to go see the Grand Cleric about this, but the Mother was in the way and would not let me talk to her. I eventually told her that she will eventually have to leave, and then I can talk to the Grand Cleric. She caved in and told me to meet her somewhere in darktown. An obvious trap that I needed to go to.

Upon entering where I was told to meet up with her, there were a bunch Qunari that were bound by a Templar. He was torturing the Qunari, and trying to rally a crowd for something. I walked in and told him to release the Qunari and fight someone who's weapons are not bound. He slits their throats before I could do anything, and I ended up fighting the whole mob lead by the Templar. Individually the people were weak, but in the mob, they hurt a good amount, and trying to push through them all to kill the Templar was hard. Not only that, but once we seemed to lower their numbers, more would come through to help them!

This fight was really tough, Anders was eventually taken down by archers, and Varric was literally swarmed by the mob. I tried as hard as I could to stand my ground, but the Templar was healing everyone nearby him with an aura, making it hard to kill him, and anyone else nearby.

I eventually fell, and Merrill had to run around in circles throwing fireballs, freezing them with cones of ice spikes, and sending lightning doom on them. She eventually killed them all, mostly by herself.

We were too late to save the Qunari though, and the leader of Kirkwall came to me thanking me for my help. He says that even though things are bad, they could have been much worse without my help. I'm not sure about that, but I was payed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment